(from Esoteric Encyclopedia of Eternal Knowledge
by Vernon Howard)
“A teacher said to his audience, ‘We have been studying together for six months. By this time our intended accomplishments should be clear. Please give them to me in single sentences.’ The students responded:
‘We are seeing that esoteric principles are the very essence of a whole and sane mind.’
‘We are passing beyond the limits of our present nature.’
‘We intend to change what happens to us by replacing unconscious behavior with conscious action.’
‘We are aware of how we have confined our own minds, and so now intend to give them room to roam.’
‘We seek to make the inner government supreme.’
‘We wish to see quite deeply that chatter about social reform is just an evasion of personal transformation.’
‘We are making ourselves willing to take what the truth has to offer.'”
Inner Life Exercise
Write out Truths that you have learned along the Esoteric path in short, concise sentences. This will make the mind work in a practical and logical manner. Follow this guideline: ‘One good reward leads to another.’
- When I put Rightness first and foremost in my thoughts, my actions become Right.
- When my actions are Right, I stay out of the ditch.
- When I stay out of the ditch, I have time to organize my time.
- When my time is organized, anxiety vanishes.
- When anxiety vanishes, fear vanishes.